So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.
Are you getting married? It will be a joy and an honour for us to celebrate your wedding with you. Please contact your parish at least six months before your proposed date of marriage and we will lead you through the legal, personal, and sacramental elements of preparing for your marriage.
Have you or your spouse-to-be already been married? That can make preparation a little longer and more difficult, but please don't let that keep you from contacting us. We will do everything we can to work with you, clarify your situation, and get you to a place where you can be married in the Catholic Church.
What do I need in order to be married?
- Paperwork. Make an appointment with Fr. Daniel, and we'll help you through it.
- Baptismal Certificate: Provide a recent (within six months) baptismal certificate. This can be done by contacting the parish where you were baptized.
- Marriage License: Can be bought at a jeweler’s shop within 90 days of your wedding. Bring it to the parish at least two weeks before the wedding.
- Decisions about readings, intentions, and other elements of the ceremony. We'll help you though it.
- Music. Because this is a Catholic marriage celebration, we have some rules and guidelines about appropriate sacred and liturgical music. We'll discuss this when you visit the parish and help provide musicians if needed.
- Marriage Preparation. This may be done through Catholic Family Services, or other arrangements can be made. You can contact Catholic Family Services at 306-244-7773 or http://www.cfssaskatoon.sk.ca.